1. Travel Lighter. I have to lessen my backpack’s load. My bag weighs exactly 7 kilograms and I don’t have a check-in baggage. For some it’s already light but after walking more than 200 meters it’s already tiring. Next time I will do my best to make it 5 kilos or even 4kg.
2. Video! I think it would be better if I would video myself and upload it on YouTube. It’s more exciting and I think other wants to see adventures live. Btw, I have uploaded some vids of my past travels on my YouTube channel.
3. Use convertible pants. I brought 2 cargo pants and it’s heavy. Convertible pants would be 2-in-1. I have pants and can convert it to shorts if I need to. Plus it’s easy to dry.
4. Quick-dry shirts and board shorts only. I brought cotton shirts with me- it takes too long to dry when I washed them. Fail! Good thing I brought 2 board shorts with me, after just an hour or 2 my board shorts are already dry.
5. Buy a pre-paid card. I always buy retail loads (Php25-50) along the way. Buying a card of Php300-500 would ensure my being connected. Buying in retail also takes too much time because you have to look for Autoload stations.
6. Bring a cap. I didn’t bring a cap so I guess I bring one next time or maybe that cool Headware is better and more fab.
7. Waterproof my bag. I wasn’t able to waterproof my bag. This is a serious sin when traveling. I need to buy that Sea to Summit dry sack asap.
8. I need to find a gadget wherein I can type my blog anytime. A gadget that is not heavy, bulky and expensive. Cellphone? Ipad 2? Galaxy? Notebook? Any suggestions?
9. Learn Cebuano and Ilonggo. I need to really learn the local dialect of Visayas & Mindanao so I could easily communicate with them. This will also ensure cheaper fares on the habal-habal, etc. Any Cebuana/Ilongga out there? Need you help, please.
10. Stay longer in a certain spot. Transportation costs eats up 70% of my expenses. I guess I need to just focus on key areas/adventure and stay there 2-3 days. This would also mean that I would have more time with the community and delve deeper into their culture.
Want to see what’s included in my backpack? Check my previous STUFF LIST (14-day backpacking at Western Visayas)
How about my travel essentials? 10 Travel Essentials
You can start your own backpacking trip too, here’s how: How to Start Your Own Backpacking Trip
I also wrote, 8 Travel Tips to Save Money While on the Road. These are tried and tested tips I learned while traveling.