I can’t think of a catchy title but the title says it all. After a lot of introspection the past months, I decided to make my travels count. I want to journey with a purpose. Not that I don’t have a purpose before, I actually do, but it was not something that is intentional. I mean something that is more altruistic. Let me share with you what my good friend said,
not just to be famous. or to have a good time. or to be seen as cool. not even so you could earn a living.
travel to widen your understanding of God, of the world, of your country, of your fellow man, of yourself.
and hopefully, when you return, you can make a contribution in the light of eternity. you would have made a difference.
make your travelling count. -Doc Jacinth Mijares
Thankfully, the past two weeks I traveled with a heart- intentionally helping others. I will share with you what we did in Gubat, Sorsogon. This is the new project I am excited and busy with. It’s different from ISANGDAAN Journey because this is not done solo, I am partnering with friends and some establishments to make this happen. Not only that, I’m actually proposing a PARTNERSHIP WITH YOU.
Please do watch the 6-minute video and hopefully you can join us in making a difference.
As I always say, “INSPIRE THE YOUTH.”
Here are some ways you can partner with us:
1. If you are a fellow blogger, feel free to reblog the project. All details are in the video and poster below.
2. Share the project to your friends, do share this blog post, the video and the poster. You can also change your Facebook cover photo with this:
3. Give some books. Tell your parents/teachers/friends to gather some books to be given to the kids in Gubat, Sorsogon.
4. Donate some cash. We need this as we transport the books, for packing and logistics.
- a. For donations via PAYPAL, do send to one of the organizers- PinayTravelJunkie email@example.com.
- b. For bank deposits, you can use my BPI FAMILY SAVINGS ACCOUNT:
Account Name: Christel James Betia
Account Number: 5806-2935-73
Please inform us if you chose to donate some cash so we can acknowledge you and for proper accounting. No worries, we will do some reporting online for transparency. 🙂
4. Volunteer! After the book drive we are going to sort out the books we collected and maybe you can join us for a day to sort and pack the books. Date of sorting: August 12 at #141 Pinaglabanan Street, San Juan, Metro Manila. You can also bring your book donations here.
5. Tag along. You can go with us come September 14-16 (Fri-Sun) when we deliver the books to Rizal Elementary School, Gubat, Sorsogon. The kids would love to see the people behind this big project.
- How much? Please prepare Php3,500 for transportation, accommodation, food and activities we prepared like surfing, yoga and a whole lot more! We require Php1,500 reservation fee (non-refundable but transferable), the other Php2,000 will be paid before we leave Cubao.
- Only 20 slots available. Hurry as slots are being filled quickly.
- Travel Date: Sept 13 (Thurdays), 6:00pm at Cubao Bus Terminal), we will be back in Manila 4:00am of Sept.17 (Monday).
- We would also appreciate if you would bring with you some books for the kids. 🙂 Remember this is not only travel, it is TRAVEL WITH A PURPOSE. 🙂
Meet also some of the personalities behind your fave travel blogs.
If you want to join us during the Book Sharing Project Turn-Over, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will e-mail the itinerary and things you should bring.
Here’s the official poster which you can share to your Facebook friends:
Thanks in advance for joining us in this project.
We are now open for your book donations, please drop by at:
A Runner’s Circle (ARC)
Location: Unit H, Aloha Hotel, 2150 Roxas Boulevard Cor. Quirino Ave., Malate, Manila, 1004 Philippines Store Hours: Monday – Closed; Tuesday to Friday – 12NN to 7PM; Saturday & Sunday – 9AM to 6PM
G/F, R.O.X. Bonifacio High Street
Address : R.O.X. MANILA B1 Bonifacio High St., The Fort, Taguig City.Tel. No. +63 (2) 856.4639
FB Page : https://www.facebook.com/roxphilippines
Store Hours : Friday-Saturday – 12:00PM-11:00PMSunday-Thursday – 12:00PM-10:00PM
If you have any question regarding the project, please don’t hesitate to ask, here’s my email: journeyingjames(AT)gmail(DOT)com or you can DM me on twitter- @journeyingjames
Note: This is our second year of helping a community. The first time we did this was during the ShoeSharing Project in Bayawan City, Negros Oriental wherein we gave more than 50 pairs of shoes to the young athletes. You can read the ShoeSharing Project full report and Bayawan City’s Official Statement.