Surf boards and paddle boards make my heart jump. Surfers call it STOKED! After a hearty lunch and margarita at Kapuluan Vista Resort at Blue Lagoon, we are now ready for some actions with the water. Remember we just had a hell of a ride when we did Whitewater Rafting in Chico River the day before; and here we are again getting ready for another water sports.
I always like to surf. I’m not that good but I can ride the baby waves with the long board. I guess you can call me a wannabe and I suck on paddling. haha But I was able to ride some waves when we are here. It was not yet surf season when we went there last January because the breaks start June and goes on until November. We were just lucky to catch some beginner’s waves.
The next day, we had another hearty breakfast at the Malacañan of the North or what they call Malacan Ti Amianan courtesy of the Ilocos Norte Provincial Governor. Then another activity on the water, this time is Paddle Boarding at Paoay Lake. This is the first time it was done there and we are glad to be the ones to break in first.
Paddle boarding much easier to learn compared to surfing but same thing goes, you need to balance yourself well on the board. If you know how kayaking works, you have good edge.
The surfing and paddle board lesson and sesh were handled by the very good surfer Mike Oida who is based in Kapuluan Vista Resort. Below are some contact info:
Barangay Balaoi, Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
Contact Nos: +639289522528 or +639209285273
For queries on Ilocos Norte tourism, please call: Aian Raquel 0908-994-2712
___ ___ ___
Lakbay Norte 3 is an 8-day adventure trip to Rediscover Northern Luzon; organized by the North Philippine Visitors Bureau in cooperation with Manila North Tollways Corporation, Victory Liner, Mc Donalds, Petron and Universal Robina Corporation.You can read more articles about it by checking the links below:
- 7 Best Experiences accdg to Travel bloggers
- Eco-Trail Run & Tree-Planting at Bacnotan, La Union
- Photo Duel: Frozen Margarita or Strawberry Shake
- Accommodations in Northern Luzon during Lakbay Norte 3
- Spelunking Adventure at Pinagrealan Cave in Norzagaray, Bulacan
- Sportfishing at Pantabangan Lake, Nueva Ecija
- Whitewater Rafting at Chico River, Kalinga
- Surfing and Paddle Boarding in Ilocos Norte
- My Fave Foods during Lakbay Norte 3
- Photo Duel: Roads
- 4 x 4 Ride, Sand Spa and Mudpack at Puning Hotspring